June 1, 2011
Birthdays are the most celebrated event on earth! Make yours extra special, by honoring the birthday person and entertaining the guests. For easy planning, use this Birthday Party Checklist:
- Create unique and personal invitations with photos.
- Include a small token, a balloon or blowout with the invitation.
- Song lyrics or common phrases are a fun addition to an invitation.
- Send an index card and ask each guest to write down a memory or funny story about the birthday person and bring it to the party. Put out a card box for the memory cards, or put them all in an album with photos from the party for the birthday person.
- Nothing says Birthday Party like balloons. Use a variety of colors and shapes for a fun and festive atmosphere.
- Streamers, festooning, crepe, confetti and banners will enhance your décor.
- A Custom Banner is perfect for a Birthday party. Your birthday person will feel honored seeing their name in print, and they will have a memento to keep.
- Use disposable tableware to make your job easier.
- Pick a festive design, or choose two or three fun solid colors and mix them up.
- Don’t forget to order extra tablecovers for the food and gift tables. Table skirts are a nice touch too; they add a more finished and festive look.
- Birthday Party Packs are a great way to order the essentials.
- When planning any party, simple is better. Don’t go overboard on the menu,
Do a few things great and your guests will be impressed. (See our simple party recipes)
- If you are doing a theme party, incorporate food to match your theme.
- Set up a Photo Prop for lots of laughs, and a memento for your guests.
- Classic party games are always hit. Pin The Tail On the Donkey, Potato Sack Races and Ring toss will have your guests in stitches
- Set up your own mini golf course and hold a golf tournament
- Play Bingo!
- A piñata is fun for all ages, fill with traditional candy and trinkets for children,
or fill with grown-up prizes for an adult party.
- Treat the Birthday Person like royalty with a Tiara or Crown.
- For a surprise party hang a balloon drop and use lots of confetti.
- Prizes for games, and party favors are essential. Make sure you have something for everyone. Show each guest your appreciation with a favor or memento to take home.