March 20, 2013
Springtime is full of reasons to celebrate, Easter, Mother’s Day, May Day, Spring dances and festivals, and so much more. Make the most of these special events with fresh and colorful decorations and crafts. Here are some new ideas to put some “spring” in your step as you celebrate!
Decorate for your Spring parties with tissue pompoms. They are one of the hottest new trends in decorating, and they are a ton of fun! You can make your own (follow the directions below for the flowers but start with a larger rectangle, depending on how big you want your pompoms) or purchase them already made (super affordable!)
Hang from ceilings, over buffet or dinner tables, hang in a cluster or string them together to create a garland. However you choose to use them, they will make your space come alive with bursts of color.
You just need a couple items to create these beautiful flowers; tissue paper in a variety of colors, a scissors and some pipe cleaners.
- Cut tissue paper into 5- by 7-inch rectangles. Stack 10- 15 rectangles together, using the same or different colors. (experiment with different color combinations)
- Fold the tissue paper accordion-style on the long side of the tissue paper.
- Twist a green pipe cleaner around the middle of the tissue paper stack, to secure them together and create a stem.
- Cut the ends of the tissue paper in the shape of a point or rounded petal on each fold of the accordion. You could also cut half-circles to create smooth petals like rose petals.
- Separate each layer of tissue paper to make the flower’s petals look full. Gently pull the tissue paper upward in the middle.
- Make more flowers of different colors to make a beautiful bouquet of flowers.
- Tie the stems with a pretty ribbon, or put them in a vase.
This Mother’s Day Kit is a fun way to get creative and give a special gift. Decorate the pail with stickers, paint pens, glitter and ribbons. Then fill it with all mom’s favorite treats for a gift she’ll treasure, or use it as a centerpiece filled with flowers or plants. It’s a great project for kids or adults of any age.
Add a touch of Spring to your space with floral bouquets. These pretty flowers look real and are made of all natural materials. They measure 12″ high, and require no care! They will brighten up your tables with the fresh feel of springtime.
When Spring finally arrives, the best place to be is outside. Celebrate outdoors with this colorful outdoor decorating kit. Perfect for all your Spring celebrations!
How do you celebrate Spring? We would love to hear your ideas!