January 15, 2015
Decorations, Games, Party Planning, Retirement Community Ideas, Senior Living ideas for staff appreciation, National Activity Professionals Week, party planning, party planning ideas, showing staff you care, staff appreciation
It’s hard to imagine sometimes the stress that can come with planning a party. The more people, the more factors. This is the position Activity Professionals are in year round.
Enlist some help this week! Here are some practical tips to get residents involved:
- Arranging flowers – This gives residents the chance to help and have contact with green, living things – which studies have shown can reduce stress.
- Coordinating fun social events – Choose a few rotating groups of twos or threes to take the lead on delegating/assigning jobs to other residents!
- Celebrate with your team! Treat your staff to a limo ride to lunch or dinner.
- Put together boxes of candy to give as gifts to your helpers. > http://bit.ly/153RMgS
- Assemble prizes that would make employees feel appreciated and raffle them off.
Since this year’s theme wants to make every staff person feel special and important, these ideas can give you a jumpstart on showing them just that!